AARP Tax-Aide, a partnership between the AARP Foundation and the Internal Revenue Service, provides free tax counseling and preparation to middle and low income taxpayers of all ages, with special attention to individuals age 60 and over.
Please bring the following with you when you come:
· current year’s tax forms and preparation
· 1099-misc. showing any miscellaneous income
· copy of last year’s income tax return(s)
· 1099-R form if you received a pension or
· W-2 forms from each employer
· all forms indicating federal income tax paid
· unemployment compensation statements
· dependent care provider information
(name, employer, ID, Social Security No.)
· SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social
· all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing
· all 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV,
1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or
dividends and documentation showing
original purchase price of sold assets
· Social Security numbers for all dependents
AARP Tax-Aide is administered through the AARP Foundation in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service. The AARP Foundation is an affiliated, 501 (c)(3) non-partisan charitable organization. The AARP Foundation administers publicly and privately funded programs, such as AARP Tax-Aide and the AARP Senior Community Service Employment Program.
Click here to visit AARP-Nebraska website, or Frequently Asked Federal Tax Questions
** The La Vista Community Center provides space for AARP Tax-Aide only. They do not have knowledge of tax counseling and preparation. If you have any questions about the tax-aide program, please call the AARP-Nebraska Information Center at 402-398-9568.
Download the above information here.