The Public Works Department will co-host a fall cleanup event with the City of Papillion October 19-25, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. This joint event will be located at 99th Circle and Portal Road on the south side of Portal Road, just east of the Papillion Public Works Facility. The event is open to Papillion and La Vista residents only.
For the protection of staff and the public, the following COVID-19 safety measures will be in place:
- Staff will not be assisting with unloading efforts.
- Staffing will be limited, and staff will be wearing masks and gloves and observing social distancing.
- The general public is encouraged to wear masks and observe social distancing when on site.
- There will be no porta-potties provided during this event.
- No salvaging of any kind.
Residential Items Only.
- This event is limited to residents of the cities of La Vista and Papillion. Bring a copy of a utility bill or type of identification to prove eligibility.
- The event is restricted to residential items only. Commercial and business vehicles will not be permitted.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate disposal areas based on the type of materials you bring for disposal.
- Please pay close attention to posted signage for entrance and exit directions.
- Please secure loads properly to prevent debris from obstructing the roads.
- This is a rain or shine event.
Visit the Public Works Department website for more information about this event, including acceptable and non-acceptable items as well as document shredding.