Posted on July 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM by Mitch Beaumont
- The survey crews from TD2 Engineering and Surveying have completed field work for the topographic survey of Thompson Creek from 76th Street to Lillian Avenue. The surveys have been drawn up and the design team is beginning design work of channel rehabilitation plans. The survey crews may return occasionally to pick up any items of information that the design team needs.
- Soil borings were taken at various locations to identify soil conditions. The information will be used to ensure the new slopes around Thompson Creek are stable.
- The design consultants and City staff will be meeting during July to discuss and review preliminary plans.
- During August there will be a public hearing for residents abutting the creek and the public in general to view the preliminary plans and provide comments for consideration. More information on time and place of the hearing will be provided later in July.
- The City Council will consider the preliminary plans and may authorize another round of grant applications that are due in September for additional funding requests for the Thompson Creek Watershed Restoration project.
- An agreement was reached with the University of Nebraska Omaha to participate in monitoring the environmental conditions in Thompson Creek as part of the Nebraska Watershed Network.