The Public Building and Grounds Department is responsible for:
- Care and Maintenance of the City owned Public Buildings such as City Hall/Community Center, Police Station, La Vista Public Library, Fire Stations District 1 and District 2.
- Maintain the voice mail and telephone system.
- Responsible for wireless communication system.
- Maintains the security systems and access to City Buildings.
- Manage janitorial crew.
- Oversee construction of new buildings.
- Serve as a representative for the City of La Vista on the La Vista Library/Metropolitan Community College Condominium Association Board of Directors.
- Responsible for work order management system.