Since April 1, 2014, the Papillion Fire Department has been providing fire, EMS, and rescue services to La Vista residents.
In addition to responding to emergency calls for help, you have probably seen us at community events and in the schools. We make every effort to live out our mission statement:
"To enhance the quality of life for our community. Our shared values ensure professional, effective, and efficient service delivery." Our values are: compassion, courage, faithfulness, honesty, humility, loyalty, reliability, respect, and responsibility. We will live up to our mission and these values.
Your fire stations at 8110 Park View Boulevard (Station 4) and 10727 Chandler Road (Station 1) are staffed 24/7 and I hope you will reach out to us if you have any concerns or questions. You can contact me directly at Station 1 at 402-339-8617, or via e-mail.
For fire or patient care report requests, please contact Diane Carlson at 402-339-8617 or via email.
In Case of Emergency
There are a few things needed to aid us in answering your emergency.
- Make sure your address is clearly visible.
- Please keep your sidewalks and driveways clear in the winter time.
- Please keep your pets clear while we’re attending a patient.
- Store flammable liquids away from sources of ignition.
- Check your smoke and CO detectors monthly and change batteries with every daylight savings time.
- If you need our assistance for fire or EMS, it is important that we be able to advance our equipment into your home. Please keep sidewalks and driveways shoveled in the winter time so that we may have an unimpeded path to deliver fire and medical equipment.
- Pets can be especially protective of their owners. If you call for a medical emergency, please have a family member secure your pet so we may attend your emergency without distraction or danger.