Hotline for La Vista’s COVID-19 Mask Ordinance: 402.593.6407 or email@example.com.
Face Masks Requirement for the City of La Vista
Any individual or entity which maintains premises open to the general public, including but not limited to educational institutions, shall require all individuals age 5 and older to wear a face covering over their mouth and nose while indoors unless the individual maintains at least 6 feet of separation at all times from anyone who is not their household member.
Face coverings will not be required if the individual
- is seeking federal, state, county, or city governmental services;
- is seated at a bar or restaurant to eat or drink, or while immediately consuming food or beverages;
- is engaged in an occupation preventing the wearing of a face covering;
- is obtaining a service or purchasing goods or services that requires the temporary removal of the face covering;
- is asked to remove a face covering to verify an identity for lawful purposes;
- is providing a speech, lecture, or broadcast to an audience so long as six (6) feet of distancing from other individuals is maintained; or
- cannot otherwise wear a face covering because of a medical condition, a mental health condition, or a disability that makes it unreasonable for the individual to wear a face covering.
You should not ask someone why they aren't wearing a face covering. It is not your job to intervene if someone isn't wearing a face covering. Some people have conditions or circumstances that would make wearing a cloth face covering difficult or dangerous. Your job is to wear your face covering and stay six feet away from others.
Residents are not required to wear face coverings outdoors, but it is highly recommended if social distancing isn't possible. This ordinance went into effect November 27 and will extend until February 23.
- Link to mask ordinance
- About La Vista’s Mask Ordinance
- Enforcement of this policy
- Your Role as an individual
- Face covering discrimination and equity
- Frequently asked questions about face coverings
Downloadable/Printable Posters (PDF Format)
- City of La Vista’s Mask Required for Entry
- Slow the Spread Wear a Mask
- Wear a mask so our business can stay open
- CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from spreading the virus to others.
- Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) when they are widely used by people in public settings.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Literature on the impact of wearing masks to protect against COVID-19
Making sense of the research on COVID-19 and masks (https://www.douglascountyhealth.com/images/COVID-19/byu-covid-masks-abbott.pdf)
Universal masking to prevent COVID-19 transmission – the time is now (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768532)