April 20, 2010
– Vision 84 adopted by City Council.
February 7, 2012
– City Council declares the 84th Street Redevelopment Area as a substandard and blighted area in need of redevelopment.
July 16, 2013
– City Council approves a redevelopment plan for the 84th Street Redevelopment Area to eliminate, renew and prevent the recurrence of the substandard and blighted area.
– La Vista voters elected to impose an additional half-cent local option sales and use tax to be used for public infrastructure projects within the 84th Street Redevelopment Area.
August 2, 2016
- City Council approves amendment no. 1 to the Redevelopment Plan for the 84th Street Redevelopment Area.
- Developer and City close on the purchase of the former Brentwood Crossing property, being redeveloped as La Vista City Centre.