- Mayor's Youth Leadership Council
Mayor's Youth Leadership Council
The La Vista Mayor's Youth Leadership Council, an initiative of Mayor Douglas Kindig, is an exciting program designed to encourage middle and high school students to become active in the community by participating in local government.
Youth Leadership Council members will get to see the community decision-making process in action and offer a youth perspective on local government issues. They will also participate in community events, fostering a sense of civic participation and volunteerism.
Members of the Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council for the 2022-2023 Session:
- Millie Belik
- Leila Deahl
- Noah Finn
- Reagan Folger
- Reese Folger
- Megan Hiykel
- Amelia Moore
- Maggie Novak
- Ciara Poitier
- Caroline Williams
To qualify, teens must:
- Be a resident of the City of La Vista and/or attending a junior high, high school or home school in La Vista.
- Be entering the 7th-12th grade.
- Maintain good citizenship.
- Demonstrate community interest and a willingness to serve the youth and community of La Vista.
To remain on the council, members must:
- Attend all Committee meetings and LMYLC meetings unless excused.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as defined.
- Set a good example for the youth of the community.
- Complete annual orientation program conducted by City staff.
- Attend one City Council meeting per quarter.
- Attend scheduled meetings (held twice per month).
Do you have what it takes to be a City of La Vista youth leader?
For more information, call La Vista City Hall, 402-331-4343.