Programs Offered to Children
The La Vista Public Library offers many services to children of the community. Below is a listing of current services offered to children, birth through fourth grade.
Younger Children Activities
Creative Hands (Ages 0-6)
Creative Hands programs are activities geared towards kids ages 0-6 and their caregivers. Many of these activities help kids improve fine motor skills, develop critical thinking, and improve socialization. Adults are encouraged to participate in activities with their children.
The next Creative Hands is on..
- Friday, February 9 at 10 a.m.
Music and Movement (Ages 0-6)
Get ready to boogie with song and dance! From singing our favorite nursery rhymes to playing music with shakers your little one will love this program!
The next Music and Movement is on...
- Friday, February 2 at 9:30 a.m. OR 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, February 16 at 9:30 a.m. OR 10:30 a.m.
Storytimes (Ages 0-7)
We love reading and we love sharing that with you! Children are invited to the library for some stories and fun activities. We do a variety of in-person and virtual storytimes throughout the year. For more information on upcoming storytimes, go to the Storytimes Page on our website.
For Older Children
Crafternoon (Ages 4-12)
This after school activity is all about exploring art and your own creativity! Parent participation required.
Upcoming Crafternoon programs...
- Thursday, February 8 at 4 p.m.
Crazy Craft Club (Ages 8-14)
Registration is required. Each month children will do a more advanced art project with Ms. Rachel. From candle making to painting it is sure to be fun. Space is limited so register early to save your spot. They typically meet on days school is out.
Upcoming Crazy Craft programs....
- Saturday, February 24 at 2 p.m.
Choose Your Own Adventure Book Club (Ages 8-12)
Go on an adventure with other readers! Help us decide what path to take next in the story. Listeners can do a book related activity while we read aloud. From escaping from aliens to traveling through the jungle we will sure have our work cut out for us to survive.
Upcoming Adventure Book Club meetings...
- Tuesday, February 6 at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 20 at 4 p.m.
- If Papillion/La Vista Community Schools close due to inclement weather, all programs at the library will be canceled.
- During the summer outdoor programs may be cancelled due to extreme heat or moved inside if possible. Check our social media or give us a call at the library if you are unsure if an outdoor program is still happening.
- For information about these services, email the Library or call to talk to a librarian at 402-537-3900